What is this?

I am referring to the black mass seen here -



Not sure what you mean by black mass?

If you mean the area where the green square is, thats a gap between the main body of the galaxy and its loose spiral arm.

1 Like

It’s called “space”. Haha I kid. Welcome!

Hey thanks for the replies , loose spiral arm seems right. Thanks!