Slightly visible artifact

Is this some kind of mirror?

Yes, this is called a ‘ghost’, and comes from the bright star up and to the left (zoom out a bit), after reflecting off of different surfaces in the camera (eg, maybe a bit of reflection off the filter or lenses in the corrector)
Legacy Survey Sky Browser

1 Like