Discovery of Green Bipolar Jets originating from Jonk Objet 1

https://www.legacysurvey.org//viewer/?ra=188.4584&dec=-35.4386&layer=ls-dr10-grz&zoom=15

I studied Jonk Objet 1, a new object discovered and discussed by JONKEREN on Oct 8, 2022, 7:01 AM. I report a discovery originating from the Carbon Star Jonk Objet 1, sometimes called the “Tie Fighter Nebula” when viewed from DR10 images and data. following the discovery of bipolar emission clouds from the emission-line carbon star IRAS 12311-3509, I encountered strange greenish clouds originating from both sides in the same line as the bipolar jets from the carbon star, as a new possibility for the discovery of the first stages for a protoplanetary nebula. The greenish clouds of Jonk Objet 1 appear to be emitting in the r-band images.

I have also discovered that Jonk Objet 1’s outer portions resemble M 2-9 in terms of morphology, and sized parameters. LLOYD EVANS’ discovery of SiC emission depends on this new object is very peculiar in terms of morphology and my investigations. Looking at spectra from 2SPOT reveals that Jonk Objet 1’s presence of SiC is mostly weaker, as discussed in the spectroscopic observations from 2SPOT, confirming the presence that this carbon star does emit a SiC spectrum. Along with LLOYD EVANS’s studies of Jonk Objet 1’s spectra noted the confirmation of the presence that this object is very peculiar and can trace the possibility that a proto-PN is possible.

Spectrum showing the continuum of a cold star. Object classified as a carbon star with the name IRAS 12311-3509 in Simbad. The line identification is complex. This object has a similar morphology to Hen 3-401 but shows a very faint Halpha line in emission, barely visible, unlike Hen 3-401.

LLOYD EVANS’ studies of this peculiar nebula sees that SiC is common in planetary nebulae, as other spectra of Hen 3-401 is likely, that this object has similar morphology to Hen 3-401 as according to both spectra.

Spectra overlapping
Red: 2SPOT
Green: LLOYD EVANS SPECTRA

This led me to suspect that Jonk Objet 1 could be a possible Pre-PN.

I believe we should publish this object and recent observations into the literature, I would love to wait for any new observations from the Hubble Space Telescope or JWST.

d

2 Likes

Nice find

1 Like

Really interesting post thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I agree, we should create a manuscript for this

1 Like