A lot of blancs in all of the layers when I click on the 'single exposures' link. And JPL small body database link does not work

Hello, :slightly_smiling_face:

When I click on the ‘single exposure links’ in the DECaLS layers DR7, 5, 8 and 9. I got a lot of blancs. And when I click on the link of ‘look up in the JPL Small Body Database’ I got no results but this blanc, general page. (see images) :frowning: Is there a possibility to fix this Justin?
Thanks.

Kind regards from Ine :stars::dizzy:

Hi Ine,
I see the error in DR8 and I understand what’s going on (we’re doing some housekeeping to try to clean up unused images); should get fixed today.
Thanks for the bug report.
–dustin

And the JPL error – I know they just launched a new web site, so it could be that my query there does not work any more. I will have to investigate.

Hi Justin, :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I hope you can connect these sites again with eachother. Because the JPL Small Body Identification Tool is very important regarding the hunt for supernova candidates and other searches. If you have to do the search for potential asteroids manually it is very complicated and also very time consuming.

The DR8/7/5 layers should be good again.
I still haven’t had a chance to look at the JPL issue.

Hi Dustin, :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your help. I hope you will find the time to look at it soon. Recently I found a couple of new supernovae candidates. The tool is really crucial (indispensable) if you want to further investigate celestial bodies. I really miss it. :frowning:

Hello Dustin, :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have a chance to look, if you could connect the ‘single image exposures’ again with the JPL Small Body Identifier (database)? It is really inconvenient and complicated that they are not connected. Thanks.

JPL changed their whole web service interface, so it will take some time.

Okay, I implemented this. The new JPL API is very slow. It can take a full minute to return results.

Hello,

It could be a JPL server issue, but i’m getting timed out every time I do a minor body search.

I’m saving coordinates of anomalies that I would usually investigate further, and will post them later into the boards here. Hope I’m doing it the right way.